**This post will is the seventh and final post of an exciting series on the Sermon on the mount in Matthew 5-7, as translated in the English Standard Version of the Bible. You can read the passage online by Clicking Here so that you can gain the most value and context for these posts. Please subscribe to this blog to receive updates on new posts! You can read the whole series in order by Clicking Here**
In the last six posts in this series, I have gone section by section through Matthew 5-7, commonly known as, “The Sermon on the Mount”. In this famous sermon, Jesus covered a lot of topics for Christians to consider, and gave a lot of instruction on how a Christian is Called to Live.
We have learned that Christianity is NOT just saying a prayer and going to church. Christianity is NOT just about writing sermon notes, reading the bible, or wearing a cross necklace.
Christianity IS About committing to a life centered on Jesus by:
- Striving to be defined by the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12)
- Being Salt and Light to the World (Matthew 13-16)
- Fighting our Anger (Matthew 5:21-26)
- Fighting our Lusts (Matthew 5:27-30)
- Fighting Against Divorce and Bad Relationships (Matthew 5:31-32)
- Not taking Oaths (Matthew 5:33-37)
- Non-Violence and Loving our Enemies (Matthew 5:38-48)
- Giving to the Needy with a Humble Spirit (Matthew 6:1-4)
- Seeking God’s Will and Kingdom (Matthew 6:5-13)
- Forgiving Others (Matthew 6:14-15)
- Praying and Fasting Humbly (Matthew 6:16-18)
- Not letting money become a God (Matthew 6:19-24)
- Trusting God with our lives – whether poor, or whether rich (Matthew 6:25-34)
- Not Judging others (Matthew 7:1-6)
- Asking the Lord for Help (Matthew 7:7-11)
- Treating Others the way we would like to be treated (Matthew 7:12-14)
And finally, following Jesus is about having faith in him, and following him with all that we have, so that our actions, words, and thoughts are reflections of His influence on our lives. (Matthew 7:15-29)
Following Jesus is a high calling that EVERY Christian is called to.
Are we ready to LIVE like Jesus?
Are we ready to APPLY His teachings to our lives?